Tuesday 18 November 2014

Hello There......









Just popping in to say hello there.


It feels like it's been ages. It hasn't, but it sure feels like it.

It's been hugely manic in my little world, and to add to it, I've been hit my the mother of all winter viruses. It invaded our home, and hit us all one by one. It's knocked us all for six, and I've been amazed at how much it's taken hold of me. Urgh, I hate admitting defeat, and as a mum, I don't have the luxury of spending a few days in bed to get over it. I think I was a bit run down to begin with and it took advantage of that. I had thought about pressing the pause button on my blog for a bit. Just for a bit. Today, is the first day in what feels like ages, that I've been at home to get stuff done and woken feeling like I had the strength to tackle a day properly. So I'm hoping the pause button can be kept at bay for a while. I've sat and managed to make a dent in my inbox which is good for the head, and a good cup of tea has refreshed me.


Also......



..... the sun is shining today!

Woo Hoo!






I have a burst of colour in my kitchen and they look just glorious.








The sun is shining everywhere......and Oh.........it feels so energising.








Usually, I am a bah humbug at this time of year.

I've said many a time that the last couple of months I find really stressful. It's mammoth family birthday time, and I find, I'm always so concentrated in trying to get them all sorted, that christmas just suddenly appears and I'm not ready. I've started to not feel christmassy AT ALL these past few years.


But, this year, I'm trying to make a BIG effort.

So, I've started early.......








I couldn't resist actually. He was really rather adorable. I think I might want him around all year.








I snuck in a mini tree too. Oops.






I have so much to pack in, and time is not on my side. It hasn't been for the last few months. I'm itching to be able to craft. I'm getting quite frustrated and ratty I think, as I don't have the time to start anything new. I have some projects I really want to give a go. Grrrrrrrrr.

The only thing I have made is a cup warmer. Not exactly thrilling, but I like how it turned out. I am trying cable in crochet. I really am a texture girl. It's the one thing I love about knitting, but, I have to face reality, I SUCK at knitting. So I am trying cable in crochet and have some great projects lined up in my head. I just have to have the time to get them from my head to a finished piece.

I have been gathering colour inspiration from pinterest too, choosing yarn brands and colours from pictures, and I'm SOOOOOO wanting to get going. It'll just have to wait a bit. Probably until after Christmas and hopefully things might have settled down a little more in this little world of mine.

So, I've said my hello. Gosh, I wish I had time to blog hop and say hello and catch up with what's going on in blog world, but housework beckons me. I'm so behind, it's laughable.....seriously laughable.

Cheerio


xxx




23 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas dog, I like the moose as well. It's amazing how a bit of sunshine changes things isn't it. Suddenly there's so much more energy everywhere. I hope things aren't too manic for you in the next few weeks. Try and sneak in a bit of time for you too, you deserve it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. danke für die tollen bilder und inspirationen!!! einen schönen dienstag wünscht angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your photo's are simply candy for the eyes!...but can I ask a practical question?...where did you get the mug tree from?! I saw one last week and for the life of me can't remember where!
    Thanks
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicky, I got the mug rack from a local antiques store, but it's from Greengate if that's any help. I haven't really seen any online, well not uk sites. Sorry I cannot be of more help! x

      Delete
  4. We were all struck down with some horrible bug a couple of weeks ago. We're much better now but still not 100% - it seems to take a long time to get rid of. I'm glad you're starting to feel better again and wanting to get stuck into crafting. I don't feel in the Christmas mood yet either - maybe because I am in denial that it will soon be Christmas and I still have so much to do. My sons' birthdays are 8 days and 6 days before Christmas. When they were wee it used to be hectic but now I just don't get too fussed - they're in their late twenties now and beginning to wish the birthdays didn't come round so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are all feeling better soon. Inspirational kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Love your gorgeous photographs!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you will all be bug free and back to normal very soon. I love the little dog and tree under the dome - I love things under domes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the little nod to Christmas Vanessa, hope the bug is on his way out of your front door as I type.
    Have a good week,
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vanessa, it's nice to see you. I hope you're feeling better soon and able to tackle all of your work. Take care and enjoy your sweet little Christmas pooch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dog, christmas ornament is really nice:)
    It is never nice being ill, hope your up and about soon.
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a cable design in crochetting. Always nice learning something new.
    I really thought I would hate christmas this year, but I simply can't help myself. I am a Christmas girl.
    I am watching "Miracle on 34th street" from 1973 on youtube, as I write.
    Hope you get everything you want done:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but glad you have such lovely pretties around, to cheer you up. Do take care and look after yourself, as you start to gear up for the holiday season, so that you have the stamina to enjoy it when it comes. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vanessa! Sorry you all caught the bug, but here's hoping you will all soon be much better! Loving your cute and colourful photos, very cheery!! :)
    Loving your little crochet cover and the idea of cables sounds intriguing! Be interesting to see what you got in mind to make?!!
    All the best!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely! We too have all been hit by the dreaded lurgy!
    You know.??if you could just post lots of pictures of your delicious kitchen, it would brighten up my mood greatly!!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well hello there sweetie pie! Sorry you've all been poorly - it's no great surprise there are so many horrid germs around - a checkout lady in the supermarket positively streamed all over my shopping the other day. Aren't people heathen? I do so love your little dog, he's gorgeous, but I'm shutting my mind to the worry that he can't breathe in his little dome!!! ;-) I get into a terrible pickle at this time of year too - we also have a squillion birthdays in November and December (happy belated returns to youuuuu!) and Christmas suddenly looms large when I still have heaps to do. Keep cosy my little friend. xxx PS. You so can knit you muppet - I adore your scarf and am pinning it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your vignettes. The colours, the shabby chic, all the Cath Kidston & Green Gate stuff with their delicate House on the Prairie flowers. And yes, it has felt like ages since your last post. I've checked my mail for your posts everyday, I've reread some, copied styles...and crocheted & knitted some in between. I'm happy you've a life & thank you for sharing your creativity & thoughts with all of us.
    Enjoy!
    By the way, last month in Mexico I came accross some Knit-pro cubic knitting needles that are supposed to make the knitting more even, in case you want to try and improve your knitting. I bought a pair, but haven't teied them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you have been ill Vanessa. Hope you will feel better soon. Love your fun Christmas decorations :-)

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It makes me happy to know that you are better, Vanessa.
    I wish that all your family is well recovered!
    Heaters cups are very beautiful! and colors of your kitchen too!
    A big hug from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love your pictures so cheery, sorry to hear you've all been under the weather, the cup cosy is so sweet, as for pintrest I could get lost in there forever.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hear ya! I don't even have kids but it seems I have errands every day. And in October, four birthdays, including my Shug's. And only three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I have four nieces who I thought would want to break tradition this year and not spend the night doing the Christmas light parks, but they still want to. And did I mention we are living in ONE room in a basement while we build our own home...ourselves. Going crazy. 550 square feet. This is my third winter down here. I'm trying to find the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to hear you haven't been well - I think we had the same virus, exhausting and never ending!! But splashes of festive colours and adorable little details will always make you smile, your decorations are shaping up very nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your early Christmas touches are beautiful. I'm sorry you've been so unwell, and you sound really overwhelmed with stuff and demands on your time...I hope things have settled a little and you are able to make some time to do the things you love. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can understand feeling overwhelmed this time of the year. So much to do ... And if you don't feel well makes things even harder. I hope you start to feel better soon s... I hope your days get longer so you can catch up and feel accomplishment ... And I hope you enjoy when you have a rare moment to do even a couple of minutes of something you love.... Love the Christmas little dog .... He is adorable. :))

    ReplyDelete

❀ Thank you so much for leaving a comment. If you ask me a question, I will do my best to reply here in the comments section. Just pop back in a day or two and I hopefully will have replied. ❀