Thursday 20 November 2014

Colour..........











I love doing this.


Choosing colour combinations.

From photos in my home to images found on pinterest, I have taken colour inspiration and put them together.


I just thought I'd share my colour palettes for new project ideas.





Dresser Colours.

I guess probably one of my favourites. I think I need something in these shades for sure.





Mediterranean Kitchen Colours. I think I'm quite liking this palette too. Quite a cosy one, and teamed with ecru could be a winner.



Bright and Airy





Cosy






Retro Brights







Rowan Pure Wool DK Yarn





Cascade 220 Yarn





Autumn/Winter Colour Blocking





Caron Aran





Autumn Brights






Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino DK





Spring Brights







Caron Aran





Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino DK






Caron Aran





Sorbet Soother




Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino DK





Drops Andes





Drops Paris





Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino DK






Drops Andes





Drops Paris




All slight variations on a similar colour theme, with a bit of 'bright' thrown in for good measure. 

I am just loving all these colour combinations at the moment.

Any colour combos take your fancy too?


xxx






15 comments:

  1. So nice!! All the color combinations, all the projects we would like to make..... Like this too!!! XXX Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous! Thanks for the inspirational colour combo's.
    Love them all! :-) So dreamy...
    Have a lovely colourful day!
    xhaafner

    ReplyDelete
  3. your color choices are beautiful......mine would be all shades of grey with a lime thrown in! how many times could i make a color design with that?!?
    (not many, I'm afraid!!!!!! I know, I'm boring!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful combinations. I have the hardest time making my own color combos and usually end up relying on ideas from Pinterest for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice! Love your color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some truly wonderful colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colour combinations. Every time I go into my local yarn shop I see beautiful colour combinations and have to be very restrained so I don't buy bags and bags of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just what I needed ���� As I told you yesterday I love your colours & I'm going to copy your palettes to do stuff. Thanks againn ����

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was yummy such a feast for the eyes, I've been playing around with colours this week, not my normal pastels but for a new blanket I'm calling seaside peeble in natural tones and so far I'm loving messing around with the colours
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great combinations! I look forward to seeing what you decide on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh lovely n lush! Think the scarves {?} is my fave....
    Nicky
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous colours, it's always fun to play with them isn't it. I especially love the dresser colours. What is Drops yarn like, have you used it much? I have been thinking about trying it. The colour I'm drawn to at the moment is pink, which is unfortunate as I'm in a house of boys. I particularly like the colours in your Portobello blanket. When I started reading your blog it was in the header photo, and it has always stayed with me. I really, really want to make one, but as I say, no girls here and I fear it will not be the same without pink in it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was fun to see this post and the way that the colors can be distilled from the color stylings.

    Today I have done a similar exercise without benefit of any computer assistance, trying to work out a colorway for this year's water color painted Christmas cards. Think that my intuition has now come up with colors that work together. I'll take another look at my sample paintings in the morning to see what rested eyes might think.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, you are GOOD at this! Bright and Airy wins for me, but they're all gorgeous. You really do have a cracking eye for colour. xx

    ReplyDelete

❀ Thank you so much for leaving a comment. If you ask me a question, I will do my best to reply here in the comments section. Just pop back in a day or two and I hopefully will have replied. ❀