Saturday 30 May 2015

Pointless.......






It has been half term here. 

It has flown by.

We had no major plans this half term, so it was relaxing in that respect. I was looking forward to some later morning starts, but found myself awake even earlier in the mornings than usual. Still, it was nice. I love being awake early in the mornings to see the sun rising in the morning sky and the birds singing madly. I enjoy the lazy mornings more than lie-ins in a half term. No rushing to get out of the house in the mornings is a lovely thing to savour. Morning coffee sipped slowly instead of gulped down....yes.....most definitely appreciated.

We did take a trip to Wisley one of the days. It was a spur of the moment decision. I had been watching the RHS Chelsea Flower Show all week and I think I was all 'flowered up'. The Bear's had all been with their school but I had never been, which is weird as it's relatively close by. It was a beautiful day there. The weather held out, and the Bear's were awesome. Not exactly the ideal day out for two young teenagers, but Big Bear was happy snapping away with his camera, Middle Bear was happy as I had taken a back pack full of refreshments, and Baby Bear was loving the freedom to run around in lovely surroundings.




The colour was something that day. The grass was almost a luminous green in shade, and everything was vibrant against it too.


I do love wisteria.




This fascinated me. It was an oak tree. At least I was sure it was, but it had a wisteria growing around and up its trunk. I wondered whether the trunk of the wisteria would almost 'suffocate' the oak if it wrapped around it tightly and not allowed it to grow and expand. I actually could have stayed there for hours pondering on this thought, but the mighty-ness of this tree with all the wisteria flowers intertwined on all the branches really was a total fascination for me.








I thought this intertwined seat was rather lovely too. Wonderfully carved and each arm was carved with the loving memory of someone lost. So sweet.







Palm trees in a walled garden. You can't get more perfect than that to me. It's my dream one day to have a palm tree in my garden.























































Lots of colour. Lots of purple and blue I seem to have photographed. The grounds were covered in Rhododendron bushes too, in shades of white and vibrant pink. I'm not sure what it is that doesn't make me warm to them. They have beautiful big, proud, fuchsia type blooms, but they do nothing to my senses, which is why I guess they didn't make it onto the camera.




These two caught my eye though.......




Never in my life have I seen something coloured like that. I didn't catch the name. It was a flower on a big tropical vine in their big greenhouse. It had a big crowd around it, as I don't think anyone could quite believe that that colour was natural.







I loved this one though. Ahhhhhhhh the colour. All silvery green and ethereal.






I also LOVED walking through the orchard. I only wished I had seen all the blossom on them a few weeks earlier. I shall know for next year as I think it would be a beautiful sight.












There was also this lovely Bonsai walk. These fascinated me too. Some were over 85 years old and they were just so perfect, I felt like Gulliver.







I have to say though, that out of everything, it was this sight that made my heart leap. It was called Toona Sinensis (flamingo)and was the most glorious pink against the green of the trees. Sadly the clouds had come by this time but I could only imagine how it might look against a clear blue sky. Simply stunning.






I could have stared at it all day......and now I really want one of my own.




It really was a lovely day out. A stop in the RHS shop meant that I came away with a watering can. An indoor watering can, but in the shape of a teapot.








It was a Mad Hatters teapot and I thought it rather delightful. I just about resisted the large outdoor teapot, but for the indoor teapot, I'm rather keen on making a tea cosy for it. Rather pointless really, and a difficult thing to fashion as the teapot is not a usual teapot size. I'm almost laughing at what a pointless exercise I am setting for myself, but it's a scratch I think needs itching. I'll keep you posted on whether I can achieve it. It'll be a faff, and my usual wing it as I go along kind of thing, but it could be fun.


I had sort of wanted to use the relaxing rest of the week to indulge in a bit of crochet, but other things needed attention so nothing more on that front.


If you live near Wisley and love beautiful gardens then I'd highly recommend a trip there.


Have a super weekend all


xxx












31 comments:

  1. We went to Wisley on many occasions when we lived in the UK and it was always glorious! Those Spring blossoms and rhodos are something else. Sooo inspiring! xxx ps Waiting with bated breath for the tea cosy.....♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vanessa, I'm so with you on lazy mornings it is so lovely to start the day enjoying the little priceless things like stunning sunrises & birds singing.
    I like your pointless idea as sometimes you just have to make something just because ....pointless or not! After all it's not pointless if it makes you happy! Have a beautiful weekend.
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Anna.......if it makes you happy......... xxx

      Delete
  3. It certainly looks idyllic, a feast in more ways than one for the senses. You really have captured some stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures
    You definitely brighten my day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful plants and beautiful photos too! I love your little watering can as well. I am sure that you will make it a lovely cosy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fell in love with the idea of a watering can that was in the shape of a teapot, especially a mad hatters one at that! I love the quirky! x

      Delete
  6. Lovely macro shots of the flowers-just stunning. I bet the fragrance as you walked around was amazing! I love the photos of the wisteria tree as I have never seen one in real life. I also fancy the dream of someday having a palm tree in my own garden as well. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hummmmm yes, I'm not sure what it is about palm trees. Maybe it's just the feeling of being away, that they give you. Maybe seeing one in your garden makes you think that you are always on a holiday (well definitely here in the UK!).

      Delete
  7. Wow, your pictures are absolutely beautiful and the colors so eye catching. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous photos! The colours are stunning and you have captured the beauty of the trees and flowers beautifully. We have been to Wisley once , time for another visit I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are gorgeous. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! Thanks so much for sharing your day and vision. Visiting a well taken care of garden is such a pleasant way to spend the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a lovely place to visit. The photos are wonderful.. thanks for sharing them with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and flowers. Makes you think while reading this post.
    Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to Wisley a couple of years ago - a great day out. And the cake was pretty good too! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful pics, V. Loved too the fact that Big Bear has inherited his Mum's love of photography - does he crochet too?! ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing! He asked once to learn to crochet, but was bored after the first chain! He does love art though, and seemed to love taking pictures. It was lovely to see the shots of the flowers.....in amongst the selfies!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  15. Wisley looks wonderful, what a lovely day out. The colour of that tropical plant is exquisite, and I love the wisteria as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never in my life seen a flower that colour. I just kept staring at it. It didn't look real! It was a beauty for sure! x

      Delete
  16. It is spectacular at the moment isn't it. Did you see all the gardens made by local schools? What a fun project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those photographs. The clarity in them is amazing as are the colours. It is funny the things we do and do not choose to photograph. I sometimes come home thinking I have captured all elements of a day out only to find that there is a whole element I have missed. Sometimes I think it is because I am so interested in something I forget about my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful pictures Vanessa - I just love your photography ! We used to live not far from Wisley too and visited it once when the girls were little, I remember it being a truly tranquil and calming place. Have a great week, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a calming place Kate. There were so many elements, it was such a joy to walk around.xxx

      Delete
  19. Such a beautiful place! These flowers are gorgeous! Your photos are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I felt a little emotional at that seat. It was all entwined and beautifully carved. A lovely piece of remembrance work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a treat all these images are, especially the wisteria and the violets. Don't you think those silvery leaves look almost knitted, or maybe crocheted. I'm picturing a garland of them now in a soft silvery-sage green.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eek, irises, not violets. That's what comes of commenting while being interrupted by a son who just trod on his iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos Vanessa - thankyou for sharing them. I haven't been to Wisley for several years - I really must make the effort this summer.
    Your green tropical plant is a Jade Vine - I remember seeing one in full bloom at Kew once. Stunning.
    And I love your little tea pot watering can! I used to have an obsession with making novelty tea cosies and designed many myself but also bought patterns and this one came to mind - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cornish-dormouse-tea-cozy when you mentioned the mad hatter.
    I look forward to seeing what you make.
    Thankou for the lovely blog too!
    Kind regards
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your photos...and crafts. thanks for sharing.:-)

    ReplyDelete

❀ Thank you so much for leaving a comment. If you ask me a question, I will do my best to reply here in the comments section. Just pop back in a day or two and I hopefully will have replied. ❀