Such a glorious weekend here.
I tidied, lounged, walked, and did some crafting.
I have three.....no four projects on the go at the moment. One is halted as it needs ripping back a little (I went off piste with the pattern and it needs adjustment. It's complicated as I decided it were to involve intertwining yarns, and i've not the heart to rip it back yet), the other one is a blanket. Yes, like I need any more.....and it wasn't the original one I had in mind to make. Ever the impatient one, I needed a specific colour for the one I wanted to make, which I didn't have to hand.....so the latter one was started. In between that, I started a couple of small happy little projects. One was supposed to be quick.......but, as usual I veered off the pattern and wanted to include a bit of 'winging it'. I realised why I don't make patterns. I have no patience. However, I did like the end result and made a note of what I did so I can replicate it. Hark at me.....i'm actually doing something with thought!
After 5 years, I have had 3 peony flower heads. I lobbed them off and put then in a vase. It's like a sea urchin cupped in a pink bowl.
The garden was lovely to sit in at the weekend.
Baby Bear is into Health and Safety at the moment.
It occurred to me that my ten random things the other day were a little whingey, so I've made ten more (less whingey).
1. I love fruit, all fruit except powdery tasteless apples. My favourites are peaches, nectarines and raspberries.
2. At 32 weeks pregnant with Baby Bear I had a heart attack. I was doing the usual morning school run for the eldest Bears, and suddenly, out of nowhere, it felt like some very heavy person had tackled me to the ground, and was sitting on my chest. I then started to get the most intense ache down both arms. I wasn't panicked but I knew something was wrong so I went to my doctors surgery just down the road from me. They sent me to hospital. Now, I don't know why, but hospitals makes me laugh (not when i'm visiting people i'll add, but when i'm in them myself). I was put on the heart ward and hooked up to monitors. I seemed to be a complete novelty to doctors being the only young female on the ward and heavily pregnant. The aching in my arms was so intense, to the point where I would have gladly had them chopped off, but I was laughing......a lot. The nurses at first thought I was crying hysterically, but I was in fact laughing. They were puzzled, and I didn't actually know what was so funny. I was like that after having a caesarean with Big Bear. Absolutely EVERYTHING was funny in the hospital, at a time when it REALLY hurt to belly laugh. Anyway, after MRI's, CT scans and a cardio-angiogram, they couldn't work out why I had had it or what had caused it. No rips, tears or blockages. Once the pain had subsided and the tests were at better levels I was allowed home. One morning, six weeks later and at 38 weeks pregnant, i'm back at the hospital, hitting the button in the lift to have a heart scan and check up. The lady in the lift tells me i've pressed level 3 and it's level 2 that is the maternity ward. I chuckle and tell her i'm not due there. In the waiting room i'm fidgety. Eight hours later i'm at my second hospital of the day 40 miles away having Baby Bear (happy in the knowledge I might add, that my ticker was given a clean bill of health some 8 hours earlier in the other hospital).
3. I don't like driving under small train bridges when trains are going over them. If there is nothing behind me, I will slow down until the train has whooshed over, then i'll drive on through. If i'm not able to slow down, i'll drive through and it'll make me shudder to my bones. I just REALLY don't like it.
4. I love the clipped British accent in all the old black and white movies.
5. I don't watch British Soaps. I think they are rubbish, but a day doesn't go by when I haven't quoted at least several lines from 'Friends' episodes.
6. I've walked 30 miles this week (I walk a bit but this is a lot by my standards!). My car failed it's MOT and whilst it's booked in to be sorted, i've been walking EVERYWHERE. It was good, as it co-incided with me needing to get healthy and and kickstart losing a few pounds that have crept up on me. Annoyingly, after walking so much, eating really healthily and watching my plate portions........I haven't lost a thing. Dis-heartened, I drank some wine, ate half a banana loaf and scoffed a few ice creams. Yes, yes, yes, I do realise that I would be getting fitter and muscle is heavier than fat, but to my dumb brain side that means nothing.....and just a little old 1lb loss would have been a good incentive to keep at it! I'm still walking everywhere and being good (again) but I don't feel incentivised!
7. I'm a terrible singer.
8. I dream of one day having a walled rose garden.
9. Bread is my downfall. A warm, fresh, crusty loaf is one of the most heavenly things on earth.
10. If I can't sleep, i'll go through my Pinterest boards. I don't want to be one of those people who forever pins things and then never looks at what they've pinned. It's like looking though the best book EVER. I love doing it in the dead of night, and it seems to inspire me, yet make me sleepy. Best of both worlds.
So, the week begins.....
Have a good one all.....