I thought i'd join in with Gillian today and state ten random things.
1. It bugs me if the dishwasher isn't stacked in a particular way. Everything has a place, and if the cutlery is put in all randomly into the cutlery rack it REALLY annoys me. It's so much easier to just lift all the forks out at once and put them back in the drawer.
2. I adore fresh parsley, basil and coriander. I fail at plating my own in the garden, but I always have pots in the kitchen and I just munch on them all day.
3. I love the smell of fresh cucumber and tomatoes on the vine. They remind me of my dad's parents. My Grandfather always grew his own and when we would stay in the summer, their kitchen would smell all fresh and heavenly. Fairy washing up liquid did a cucumber scented one and it smelt just like their kitchen. I loved washing up with it as it instantly filled my kitchen with their kitchen smell, and transported me right back. But after a couple of months they changed their formula and it didn't really smell like cucumber anymore but non-descript flowers. So I wrote and complained, that if they have a washing up liquid that was cucumber scented then it should be and not smell like flowers but of cucumbers.
4. I also felt strongly enough to complain to Laura Ashley last week. When I was in my 20's I shopped there ALL THE TIME. I loved their floral prints, I loved their feminine style of dresses, I loved their individuality and their timeless quality. There was no Cath Kidston then. Something happened. They got in a new board of idiots, lost their way, lost their whole sense of indentity and sold out to what made them a great, individual and unique business, in favour of boring mainstream. I was looking online at their fashion range and was just appalled at what they were selling. Well, appalled enough to tell them to sack their design team and bring in fresh blood. I just felt sad that they had once been so wonderful, and looking blankly at my screen, I could have been looking at a really bland M&S department. They really are missing a trick. Bring back their gorgeous prints, classic style dresses (just seeing what's available on etsy that is very 'Laura Ashley' in style and ever so popular), I just think they are missing a trick and could begin to give Cath a run for her money. There, got it off my chest.
5. I would love to read more, but magazines and Home style books are about all I can manage. Crochet always takes priority when I have a spare hour in the day. It'd be nice to change that.
6. I'd be terrible on Masterchef. I love my food crunchy and no hint of pink in my meat.
7. I see the world in terms of hard and scratchy and soft and round. Colours, names, views....everything, I like or dislike depending on whether it's hard and scratchy or soft and round. I can't incorporate black into any of my crochet work, it would make it all hard and scratchy to live with. I was drawn to a pale aqua desk lamp today. That was soft and round.
8. I am a fast walker. Really fast. I just don't see the point in walking slow. I never notice it until I walk with other people. The bears have learnt to keep up with me.
9. I struggle sharing a bathroom with males. I grew up with two brothers who were, well, boys and it really bugged me that they didn't care that they left toothpaste or shavings in the sink, or never put the toilet seat down. I vowed that I would have girls to have a better bathroom experience. Yeah, well, look how that turned out! Some one was laughing at me! The bears are just like my brothers and sometimes I feel like I have come full circle and am back to being 16 again, shouting at them to clean up after themselves and hang the flipping towels up on the towel rail and not on the floor.
10. I don't like dark curtains where I sleep. I like to wake up to natural light shining through.
So, there we have it. Possibly erring on the side of ten random moans, but those were on my mind today!