I am noticing how the evenings are getting 'cosier' earlier now.
I am noticing how the mornings are staying darker for that little bit longer. I am making breakfast in a darker kitchen now we are firmly back into a school routine again.
I am waking up to mist and fog.......which I actually rather like. There is something rather beautiful and mysterious about fog, especially morning fog. The fog has been lifting by the time I have walked back to the house from the morning school drop off, and made way for sunshine.......which has been most welcomed.
After a rather reflective August, September has kicked off with the most almighty bang. It has been full on. Whilst I spent August thinking about all the little changes happening at once, September seems to have been quite rude, and dumped a big share of stuff to deal with at my feet. Outer families needs, mean that I am wearing a lot of hats at once. Trying to juggle it all, whilst sort out the new term with my own little brood, has meant that my crafty makes have taken a back seat.
So, it's all been a bit of a manic couple of weeks.
Whilst always wanting to be there for others, in whatever capacity is needed from me......it's sort of been a bit like buses! So, I guess if I'm honest, there has been an ever so slight frustration to my being. Having had my crafty mojo return, I have had to leave it, and have it just stare at me. I am desperate to get my large carousel blanket finished. I was really enjoying making up those little motifs. But alas, it will have to wait just that little bit longer. It will be all the sweeter though when it finally get's done.
.....to try and balance out the craziness of these past couple of weeks, I thought I'd list a few things that I'm loving and appreciating at this moment in time......
1. The routine of the morning School walk. I am loving these morning walks. Baby Bear enjoys them. We chatter non stop all the way to school, then as soon as he's in, on pop the headphones and I power walk back home. Every day I try and get a little faster up the steep hill to get the old ticker working that little bit harder. I like the feeling of getting a bit of exercise in. I am really not a runner, but fast walking is really enjoyable I find.
2. As I said I am loving the morning fog. Things get 'dewy' and I ADORE all the visible cobwebs in the mornings.
3. My mid morning coffee. Usually a latte. It's ALWAYS tea first thing in the morning, but by 10am I hit the frothy stuff. It's always a real joy to take the first sip.
4. One of the last roses from my garden this year. I hadn't expected any more, but the weather, still being mild, has allowed a last few to fully open. I stare at it and wonder at its 'tu-tu' like appearance. Delicate and elegant.
5. A new book. I am a sucker for cook books, especially of the baking variety.
I will also lump 'The Great British Bake Off' in with this one, as I am LOVING watching it.
6. My Dresser. It's my smile maker.
So there we go.
It all balances out.
Have a super week all