...............A while ago now, I had a lovely bunch of yarn to do something with. I had just finished the Japanese Flowers throw. Do you remember this one? It was supposed to be a triangular shawl but I got a bit carried away and ended up turning it into a bed throw......and I am so glad that I did....but I still had the urge to make a shawl in the Japanese flowers. I LOVE my shawls. They seem to have been making a come back in the world of fashion I see this season. I may not look so out of place for a while!
After making something so eclectic and bright, I fancied something muted and calm. These shades were just right. All soft and snuggly, perfect for the Autumn days and winter evenings.
Now, I am not really sure for my reasoning, but I decided to keep all the flowers looking the same and I decided to leave out the dark grey. I think I just was after soft and calm.
So I made a start. Wowzer, it was a yarn eater, or was it just that I had bought small balls in a chunky knit, so each ball didn't last long at all. That is why this little beauty took so long. It was left in my bag until I had the time to go back to the specific yarn shop and get some more.
I wanted to get it done before the chill in the air started to creep in. It is finally finished.
Boy is it warm and cosy. Perfect for Autumn evening strolls, and sofa chilling. I am glad I have finished it. I would have hated for it to have been stuck in the unfinished pile indefinitely.
It was a pig to photograph though. The light was awful, in between blustery downpours. And it needs blocking, which I will do at some point.
As for the colour.............I like it.........it is soft and delicate, and definitely calming, and it will go with a lot, but I cannot understand why I didn't use the dark grey and mix the flower colours up a little. It still would have been a muted palette, and it would have given the shawl a bit more depth. Ah well, you live and learn and this warm and cosy shawl will certainly get plenty of use once the chill kicks in for sure.
Another project ticked off and wearable!
Happy a fabulous weekend all!
(Edited to add: I remembered why I decided not to make all the flowers different. It was because I was using such a limited colour palette, that I thought the flower colours would end up looking 'clumpy' when joined together. I still could have varied the inner colours for each and I think that would have looked nicer on the finished product, but never mind, I am still happy with it!)